The innovative alternative to Beam and Block Flooring, Thermabeam™ is an insulated precast flooring system that combines both high performance expanded polystyrene (EPS) insulation and reinforced concrete, forming a continuous layer of insulation across the whole floor. The structural concrete is cast onto the insulation, eliminating air gaps, thereby minimising heat loss.
Thermabeam™ units are available in a standard depth of 300mm, with a choice of two insulation types – poly or platinum poly. All Thermabeam™ units are grouted on-site using C25/30 sand cement mortar.
Residential ground floors.
As well as offering excellent insulating properties, and a significant reduction in cold bridging, the Thermabeam™ system helps to reduce CO² emissions by decreasing the amount of non-renewable energy required to heat the building.
- Low on-site costs and space required since units are manufactured off-site
- Fast installation, enabling a safe platform for follow-on trades within a few hours
- Excellent thermal performance due to its insulating properties. A reduction in cold bridging is achieved, resulting in better Psi (ψ) values
- U-Values as low as 0.14W/m² K, based on a P/A ratio of 0.6 can be achieved
- Helps building to achieve a higher energy-efficiency rating
- Reduced safety issues – reduced on-site working
- High quality units are designed in accordance with relevant BS EN standards: BS EN 1992-1-1:2004 (Eurocode 2: Design of concrete structures) and BS EN 13224:2001 (Precast Concrete Products – Ribbed Floor Elements
- Low carbon footprint – since less energy is required to heat building
- Spans up to 6.5m (depending on load)