Hot Rolled Asphalt
- Hot Rolled Asphalt when laid is an impermeable and durable surface.
- It is manufactured using a blend of sand, crushed rock aggregate, limestone filler and bitumen blinder.
- Asphalt is used for a wide range of surfacing applications from road construction, footways, commercial premises, car-parks, driveways and agricultural sites such as silo floors.
- The material can be machine laid as each situation merits with pre-coated chippings rolled into the surface. These pre-coated chippings come in various sizes such as black, red and grey granite to give a decorative effect.
- Bitmacs are made up of a blend of differing sizes of aggregates bound together with a bitumen binder to give an interlocking matrix which in itself provides material strength.
- Bitmacs are used at all stages of road, car-park, foot way and driveway construction and provide a quick and simple solution to most surfacing solutions.
McCannphalt Thin Surfacing System
- McCannphalt Thin Surfacing System comprises of a blend of graded coarse and fine aggregates, limestone filler and polymer modified bitumen.
- The 14mm system can be laid at depths between 25mm and 40mm.
- The 10mm system can be laid at depths between 18mm and 40mm.
- When laid, both systems provide a highly durable surface which is highly resistant to deformation, cracking and moisture damage.
- Both systems provide a smooth and quiet running surface which is highly beneficial in built up and residential locations.
- Surface dressing is cheap, cost effective method of sealing an existing surface to prevent the ingress of water into the sub structure and therefore arresting the deterioration of a surface.
- It also improves the surface skid resistance and reduces spray, which may help to reduce accidents.
- FP McCann has over 15 years experience in the laying of surface dressing and are accredited with sector Scheme 13A for Surface Dressing.
- We currently hold two Maintenance contracts with DRD Road Service in Northern Ireland, Northern Division for surface dressing.
- In a typical season would complete up to 1.5 million square meters between May and July.