FP McCann manufactures precast modular lift shafts which can be tailored to suit any project. Since construction is completed off site, the lift shaft can be erected very quickly, which greatly assists the build programme scheme.
Benefits of Precast Concrete Lift Shafts
- Quick and easy to install
- Flexible, bespoke modular design
- Offsite construction minimises disruption on-site
- Minimal on-site labour and costs
- Minimal on-site health and safety risks
- Cast-in fittings provided for lift installation
- Factory-fitted and tested lifting beam/sockets if required
- Minimum one hour fire resistance
- Temporary works or propping is minimised or eliminated
- Can replace block work
Working closely with your lift supplier, we can ensure that all components are accurately positioned, including channels and recesses.
FP McCann’s lift shafts can be built from 1200mm each way up to 2750mm, in increments of 50mm. Wall thickness starts at 150mm, but this can be increased to 200mm or 250mm.
Our standard lift design supports all loading from the lift equipment during installation, operation and maintenance. The lift shaft can also be designed to support vertical loads from other structural elements such as beams and slabs.
We use a water resisting concrete admixture to cast the lift pit sections, to protect against water ingress.
Lift shafts that are at least 4 storeys high may need to be restrained at intervals moving up the building, assumed to be achieved by tying back to the main structure. If shafts are to be erected ahead of the main structure, it may be necessary to provide temporary support.