Client: Mid Ulster District Council
Construction of multi-functional indoor sports arena as part of a major upgrade of existing sports facility located in Magherafelt.
Sports Arena Building:
- Hall – Steel frame tension fabric sports hall/pavilion over 10,150m² and considered the largest of its type in Europe. Accommodating a running track, football/hockey pitch and tennis courts on a versatile synthetic sand carpet surface
- Accommodation block to the front of the building consisted of a 3 storey 1,863m² building including reception, 4 changing rooms, spectator viewing areas, kitchen, canteen, offices, store/plant rooms etc.
External works to Sports Facility included:
- 6 lane 400m IAAF certified running track with floodlighting
- A sand-based soccer pitch
- Sand based Gaelic pitch
- Car parking and access road
- Associated retaining walls and steps
- Street lighting
- Soft landscaping including hedges and shrubs