Client: Irish Salt Mining Exploration Co Ltd
The works comprised of removal of an existing tunnel structure located below a salt storage shed and replace with a new concrete tunnel. The reclaim tunnel contained a conveyor for salt export and a series of loading chutes through which salt is gravity fed from the floor of the shed to the conveyor below.
- Removal of the existing conveyor system
- Removal of existing shed floor, loading chutes and sub-surface reclaim tunnel
- Construction of a new concrete tunnel
- Replacement of shed floor and loading chutes
- Reinstallation of the existing conveyor system