Client: Department for Infrastructure
Iconic Bridge constructed as part of Design and Build 3.5km long dual carriageway bypass of Toome. The bridge spanned the River Bann North of Toome.
- 90m 1600 tonne bow string arch, single span bridge include abutments, parapet railings and feature lighting
- Temporary steel ‘dolphin’ supports were installed in the river to allow segmental construction of the bridge over the river
- The steel superstructure was delivered to site in segments. Assembly of the superstructure was carried out in the five stages
Other works associated with the bypass include:
- Three new roundabouts with tie-in’s to existing link roads
- Street Lighting
- Fencing and Safety Barrier
- Cycleway and Footway along carriageway
- Accommodation works
- Soft Landscaping
Project voted by public as the best Northern Ireland project of the decade in 2009 and CEF Civil Engineering project of the year 2004.