Precast Concrete Hollowcore Flooring
In addition to our beam and block range of flooring, we also manufacture precast concrete hollowcore flooring units. These units are a prestressed concrete slab normally 1200mm wide (part widths are also available if required) and a current depth range of 150mm to 400mm. In addition to this range, we also manufacture a 100mm deep solid slab.
Our production techniques are constantly being updated and developed to offer additional slab depths to the range and also increase efficiency and achieve higher quality. As with our other flooring products, hollowcore slabs can be used with masonry, steel precast and insitu forms of construction.
Precast Concrete Hollowcore Flooring Benefits
- All components are manufactured in a factory environment to recognised quality standards
- Speedy installation allowing early access to following trades
- The units have inherent fire and sound resistance properties and allow for the easy accommodation of services
- Can be designed for long clear unpropped spans (span varies with the floor depth) resulting in a flexible open space
- The need for expensive formwork and temporary props are eliminated
- Special details such as raked ends, voids, notches, end variation and disproportionate collapse details can be accommodated to suit the clients’ design layout
Hollowcore units may also be used in conjunction with a structural concrete topping, making them suitable should enhanced performance be required. Typical applications of this would be heavy point loads, complex integration into a structure and large service penetrations etc.
Hollowcore Fire Rating
Precast concrete flooring beams have a rating of either 1/2 hour or 1 hour, depending on beam dimensions (information available on request).
The product is available nationally on either a supply only or supply and fix basis. Where fixing is carried out on site all our installation teams comply and adhere strictly to the Precast Concrete Federation Code of Practise – “The Safe Installation of Precast Concrete Flooring and Associated Components”. A copy of which can be downloaded from the PFF web site if required www.precastfloors.info
For more information on Hollowcore Flooring contact a member of our team at email@example.com.