FP McCann’s precast concrete wide wall manholes have been designed with tongue and groove dimensions to accommodate the use of bituminous sealant.
FP McCann’s approved sealant should be used at all times. The sealant requirements for wide wall manholes is 12mm x 120mm x 6m. When placing the sealing strip into position during installation, the ends of the strips must be overlapped by a minimum of 30mm and cut at an angle of 60 degrees. The cut ends must then be pressed together. Fill installation guidelines can be provided upon request or found in the downloads section to the left.
DN1200, 1500 and 1800mm Wide Wall Manhole Chambers
A 130mm thick wide wall chamber, in combination with the Easi-Base unit, provides a sealed watertight manhole system. This robust design means that the requirements for a concrete surround is eliminated.
Advantages of Wide Wall Manhole Chambers:
- Quick and easy installation
- Watertight structure
- Safe anchor lifting system (spherical head lifting system)
- Greater cost savings associated with using precast concrete over a traditional system
- No concrete back fill required, in accordance with ‘Sewers for Adoption’ 7th edition
- More environmentally friendly than a traditional system, almost 40% less carbon omitted during the concrete casting process
- Significant reduction in health and safety risks associated with using precast concrete
Please note: Wide Wall Manhole Chambers are manufactured with 3 x 45mm diameter lifting points to facilitate the safe anchor lifting system (spherical head lifting system).