The UB190 Bann Bridge Coleraine carries a single track for approximately 240m over the River Bann on the Coleraine to Derry ~ Londonderry line section. It was constructed in the early 1920’s and has 11 No. spans, one of which is a lifting bascule type to allow the passage of shipping to the Coleraine Port.
Works to the Refurbishment of Bann Bridge includes:
- Surveying the existing structure to determine the size of plates, stiffeners, bearing components and works to the top of the piers.
- Fabrication and installation of new stiffeners and plates.
- Removal of the existing bearings.
- Design of the temporary jacking of the existing superstructure.
- Design of the temporary horizontal bracing of the superstructure.
- Design, fabrication and installation of the bearings.
- Removal and reapplication of paint system local to the works.
- Monitoring of girder and track positions during works.
Video courtesy of Advanced NI Scaffolding Ltd.