Bridge UB 424 carries the main Belfast to Larne twin track railway line over North Road, Carrickfergus. UB 424 had a history of reported bridge strikes. The project was to install new Collision Protection Beams which were to also act as new parapet edge beams.
- Demolition – removal of existing reinforced parapet & edge beam. Ballast retaining measures, abutments and signage
- Installation- Precast Concrete Collision Protection Beams and Cills Beams
- Painted tubular steel handrail bolted to the top edge of Precast Concrete Collision Protection Beams
- Concrete Repairs- repairs to underside of bridge deck
- Signage- reinstatement of signage and painting of hazard markings on collision beam