FP McCann has developed a lightweight precast troughing system by utilising proven lightweight concrete technology.
The lightweight TroughLite™ system has the same dimensions as the company’s traditional products so that two systems are fully compatible. TroughLite™ reduces the concerns associated with manual handling due to a weight reduction of up to 30% when compared to standard concrete.
FP McCann’s TroughLite™ system is authorised by the Network Rail Acceptance Panel (NRAP) to be used on railway infrastructure for which Network Rail is the Infrastructure Manager.
Certificate of Acceptance Number: PA05/06217
This lightweight solution offers additional benefits including:
- Network Rail Approved
- Economical – up to 50% cheaper than alternative lightweight products
- Faster installation
- Fire resistant
- Sulphur resistant
- Up 30% lighter when compared to traditional systems
- Lower on-site labour costs
- Reduction in transportation costs
- Reduced carbon footprint and increased sustainability, as the concrete mix
uses over 50% recycled content