FP McCann RoomSolutions® achieve distinction for student accommodations by offering quality, value, durability, efficiency and sustainability.
Precast concrete is known for its natural fire resistance, strength and durability. In addition, another main advantage of selecting precast concrete would be its low maintenance cost. FP McCann look for areas of improvement with our products so that we can offer our clients the best solution.
FP McCann has experienced a continued growth by contractors and funding clients towards precast concrete room solution owing, to the solutions durability, robustness, consistent high quality and the opportunity to value engineer a clients’ projects. Some of their recent schemes have achieved BREEAM excellent ratings and with clients looking for the whole life costing benefits and a room that will stand the test of time, then FP McCann RoomSolutions® is a key constituent part of the project.
FP McCann have the experience of working on various sizes and complexities of student accommodation projects. Some of our well-known projects include the University of East London, The University of Essex, The Mason Hall residence for Birmingham City University (shortlisted for the Project of the year category at the Constructing Excellence Awards 2008) amongst many others.
Some of the major benefits that these projects have been able to derive from our products are:
- Direct decoration finish to walls and ceiling minimised the need for dry-lining or suspended ceilings and wet trades
- Conduit cast into slabs not walls
- Good acoustic rating
- Speed of construction
- Following trades can commence on the lower floors as the upper floors are being erected
- Bathroom pods installed as frame erected
- Safe Access at all times
- Designed to facilitate progressive collapse
- Any style of bathroom pod can easily be installed
- Fire resistant
- Flood Resistant