FP McCann’s rain harvesting chamber is a bespoke precast water storage chamber that is compatible with water harvesting systems for residential, industrial/commercial and agricultural installations.
Capturing rainwater re-use offers a significant cost savings for the user and benefits the environment by increasing water resources and further enhancing water amenity. The chamber complies with Environment Agency SuDS (Sustainable Urban Drainage System) directives.
The Rainwater Harvesting Chamber also helps ease the growing pressure on the UK’s water capturing water run-off thereby reducing flood risk in an already overloaded drainage network. The controlled management of rainwater run-off is key to the Environment Agency’s SuDS (Sustainable Urban Drainage Solutions) directives. Future domestic, commercial and industrual developments will be subject to planning guidelines that strongly feature SuDS initiatives. Easi-Rain is one sustainable solution in the water conservation challenge.
The RainWater Harvesting Chamber is part of FP McCann’s environmental range of waste water management products.
Rainwater Harvesting Chamber Advantages and Environmental Benefits:
- Cost effective re-use of a natural resource
- Conservation of mains water supplies
- Complies with SuDS directives
- Unobstructive (buried underground)
- Speedy installation – no ready mixed concrete backfill required
- Low maintenance
- 120 year design life on concrete tank
The filtered rainwater is very soft and chlorine free, making it particularly suitable for fabric washing as well as other uses such as toilet flushing and external cleaning and irrigation. Easi-Rain harvesting tanks are available in 5 different capacities:
- Irrigation Only – 1200 litres & 1500 litres
- Irrigation & Small/Medium Domestic – 3000 litres % 5000 litres
- Irrigation and Large Domestic/Small Commercial – 7000 litres