A system that gives the user benefits of a durable plastic encapsulated ladder without the need to specify an exact length or fit on-site. In addition, a single specification can be used for all depths of access.
BS 13101 Plastic Encapsulated Steps
WIS 4-33-01: 1990 Polypropylene Encapsulated Steps
- Concrete manholes and inspection chambers
- Renovation of existing structures
The plastic encapsulated ladder has a bright yellow coating and is made from high impact virgin polypropylene copolymer plastic. If the ladder is to be subject to prolonged exposure to daylight then black or UV stabilised material should be specified. It is reinforced with structural steel.
Pull out load: 7.5kN minimum when fitted in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
Deflection under load: 5mm maximum at 2.5kN
Permanent Set: 0mm at 2.5kN
Impact: 20kg weight from 1 metre, no cracking
Chemical Resistance: At least pH2 to 12
Integrity of plastic: 2M ohm at 500 volts DC
Thickness of plastic: 3mm minimum
Minimum cross section: 25mm diameter
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- No sharp edges
- Eliminates need to specify exact length or fit on-site.
- Steel reinforcement gives predictable deflection under load without causing brittle failure