Client: Ards & North Down Borough Council
Regeneration works to Conway Square & 9 No adjoining streets. Objective of the works were to reinvigorate Newtownards, transforming the visual appearance of the town centre by complementing it’s townscape character, rich history and listed features. By enhancing its appeal to encourage locals, visitors and tourists to shop/visit, generating a positive economic impact.
Conway Square was developed as a main public space and key focal point to complement listed & historical features. The materials and design style used within the Square were translated through to the surrounding streets.
- Resurfacing areas with natural stone paving and kerbing
- New storm drainage
- Utilities – Under-grounding overhead services, diversion and protection of existing etc.
- Carriageway resurfacing and lining
- New signage
- Installation of new street and feature lighting
- Street furniture including bespoke seating, cycle stands, bins, bollards, etc
- Soft landscaping – planting of semi mature trees including box formed specimen trees