FP McCann now provides a new type of integral seal for their precast concrete pipes.
This new integrated seal is a simple, one-piece rubber compression connector which is embedded in the concrete when the pipe is cast. The seal is compressed between the pipe and the concrete, creating a flexible watertight seal.
- Integrally cast into the structure
- Environmentally friendly as it eliminates the need for the polystyrene strip
- Reduction in waste on site
- No cavities or steps in joints
- Almost zero push back
- Requires low insertion force
- Seal not sensitive to weather
- No clamps required to tighten or forget
- Fast and easy installation
- Pipes may be backfilled immediately
- Less time in the excavation
- Durable, reusable casting forms
- The seal complies with all relevant European standards, including EN 68101, ISO 9001 and QR 4060
- Durable synthetic EPDM rubber seal with over 100 years shelf life
- Cast accurately at the precast factory to create a stable seal
- The pipe is cast with numerous holding parts to keep the seal in place
- Clean, high-quality sockets
- Ideal for use with mechanical laying techniques such as pipe lifter
- Pipes arrive at site ready to be connected after applying recommended lubricant
Please note: During the changeover phase you may receive both seal types and our new integral seal is fully compatible with our existing integral seal.
Important Jointing Information
The integral pipe-seal jointing system used in FP McCann’s drainage products requires the use of an FP McCann proprietary lubricant, which can be supplied with all pipeline orders from us. Failure to use the proprietary lubricant in accordance with the instructions provided by the pipe-seal manufacturer / FP McCann, may give rise to problems with pipe jointing and seal performance and invalidate any warranty, implied or otherwise. FP McCann accepts no responsibility whatsoever for problems or loss of performance arising from any such failure.