FP McCann now provide a new type of integral seal for their precast concrete pipes.
This new integrated seal is a simple, one-piece rubber compression connector which is embedded in the concrete when the pipe is cast. The seal is compressed between the pipe and the concrete, creating a flexible watertight seal.
- Integrally cast into the structure when the concrete is poured
- Environmentally friendly as it eliminates the need for the polystyrene strip
- Reduction of waste on site
- Almost zero push back
- Requires low insertion force
- Durable seal, not weather sensitive, over 100 years shelf life
- The seal complies with all relevant European standards, including EN 68101, ISO 90001 and QR 4060
- No clamps required to tighten or forget
- Fast and easy installation
- Less time in the excavation
- Durable, reusable casting forms
- Durable synthetic EPDM rubber seal
- Cast accurately at the precast factory to create a stable seal
- Pipe is cast with numerous holding parts to keep the seal in place
- Clean, high quality sockets
- No cavities or steps in joints
- Ideal for use with mechanical laying techniques such as pipe lifter
- Pipes arrive at site ready to be connected after applying recommended lubricant
- Pipes may be backfilled immediately
Important Jointing Information
The integral pipe-seal jointing system used in FP McCann’s drainage products requires the use of a FP McCann proprietary lubricant, which can be supplied with all pipeline orders from us. Failure to use the proprietary lubricant in accordance with the instructions provided by the pipe-seal manufacturer / FP McCann, may give rise to problems with pipe jointing and seal performance and invalidate any warranty, implied or otherwise. FP McCann accepts no responsibility whatsoever for problems or loss of performance arising from any such failure.