Client: Causeway Coast & Glens Borough Council
The resurfacing work was part-funded by the Department for Communities as part of its major £17m regeneration programme to enhance Portrush in the lead up to and beyond The 148th Open, Royal Portrush.
The visual appearance of the car park was transformed with the removal of all overgrown vegetation while drivers benefited from improved visibility within the site.
Other improvements within the car park included:
- Standardising all parking spaces in the car park
- Inclusion of parent and toddler spaces
- Access to an additional e-car charging point
- Provision of an improved turning splay for buses outside the carpark (in conjunction with DfI Roads)
- Improved signage
- New perimeter fencing and overhead barriers at site entrance/exit
- Re-profiling of planter bed areas and vegetated areas around the perimeter of the site