FP McCann’s dry silo mortar provides an efficient mortar solution to suit a wide range of external and internal works.
The dry silo mortar is delivered to the required site in our portable, sealed silo containers that have a built-in automatic mixing system. Once water and power has been connected to the mixing unit on-site, the dry silo mortar is mixed with water at the push of a button, resulting in a consistently high-quality mix that is easy to use. The dry silo mortar mix consists of cementitious materials, air-entraining admixtures, and graded fine aggregate (sand).
Dry Silo Mortar Applications
- Laying brick, block, stone and paving slabs
- General masonry repairs
Where can I buy Dry Silo Mortar?
Available in bulk direct to your site or for collection wet or dry. Tubs and bags are also available for purchase.
Why use Dry Silo Mortar?
- FP McCann’s mortar silos produce a consistent mix that delivers a constant high quality finish.
- Our mortar conforms to BS EN 998-2 standard mortar strength
- Reduced long-term costs due to the potential for zero wastage, fewer deliveries and less manpower required.
- Less space required on-site in comparison to traditional mixing methods with covered cement and fine aggregate storage.
- Ready-made mortar means less time mixing and more time applying.
- No need to retard mix.
- Computer-controlled mixing provides a constant reliable consistency.
- The large silo capacity means fewer deliveries and less environmental impact.
- Less noise pollution compared to using traditional mixers.
- Zero packaging on-site. Reduced use of plastic packaging from manufacturing to point of use.
- No leakage-risk of liquid mortar mix compared to traditional mixing methods. Eliminates risks of storing chemical admixtures on-site.