FP McCann’s bespoke DN1500, DN1800 and DN2100 Easi-Base™ manhole base units complement our existing manhole ranges and are produced as monolithic units, utilising standard manhole tongue and groove joints for connection with standard manhole chambers.
The units are produced wholly from concrete and provide a variety of connection orientations using the Predl Clock System. They can accommodate concrete, clay, twin-wall, ductile iron and uPVC pipes.
The table below gives the dimensions associated with each size, including the overall height of the unit, the invert level for each different pipe diameter and the combination of pipe diameters accommodated. All Easi-Base™ units are made level to soffit (i.e. level-benching).
All sizes are in mm | * 2 part unit/max Δ per unit | † 1 unit ex Knockloughrim depot
- Easi-Base™ is a Kitemark product, manufactured and tested to BS EN 1917
- WRC tested and approved
- Easi-Base™ is accepted by all major UK water companies
Easi-base™ with Integral seal
FP McCann’s integral seal is a simple, reliable rubber compression connector which is embedded in the concrete when the manhole is cast. The seal is compressed between the pipe and the concrete, creating a flexible watertight seal.
FP McCann is the first precast concrete manufacturer in the UK to offer an integral seal on our Easi-Base™ DN1500 and DN1800 manhole base units. Our new integral seal system is a simple, reliable rubber compression connector which is embedded in the concrete when the manhole is cast. The seal is compressed between the pipe and the concrete, creating a flexible watertight seal.
Integral Seal Features:
- The connector is placed in the sealing position at the precast plant
- Manhole arrives at the jobsite ready to receive the pipe
- Pipe is beveled and lubricated, and then inserted through connector
- Manhole may be backfilled immediately
Integral Seal Benefits:
- Integrally cast into the *structure when the concrete is poured
- Requires low insertion force
- No clamps to tighten or forget
- Fast and easy installation
- Less time in the excavation
- Durable, reusable casting forms
- Reusable tooling holds connector in position during casting process.
* 1050mm and above pipe sizes require grouting using a e-proxy resin or similar approved product