FP McCann’s DN1200 Easi-Base™ is a prefabricated manhole base unit with integral benching, channels and connectors, that provides an immediate and long-lasting watertight solution in the management of wastewater.
- An extremely fast, efficient and economical method of on-site manhole construction
- Accepted by main UK water companies
- Significant health and safety benefits
- An immediate watertight structure, allowing other trades to instantly follow on
- Factory prefabrication provides a quality finish to channelling and benching and enables accurate combinations and variations for entry/exit pipes
- Connects with any type of pipe and is compatible with the DN1200 130mm thick wide wall manhole chamber ring
- Maintenance of channels and benches are aided by clean access for inspection
- Eliminates the risk of water pollution that is associated with traditional methods of manhole construction, such as concrete base formation integrity failures due to bad weather conditions, which results in groundwater being contaminated with polluted raw sewerage and clean groundwater infiltrating the already overloaded raw sewerage system of pipelines and treatment plants
- The 7th Edition of Sewers for adoption has now been published to include precast bases; Easi-Base™ units are in full accordance with the guidance provided
- An 80 year guaranteed base
The unique DN1200 Easi-Base™ utilises a polypropylene liner with prefabricated benching and channels. Pipe connection bells are pushed into the inlet and outlet points and the liner is then encased and embedded in concrete to provide its structural strength and integrity. The DN1200 Easi-Base™ is manufactured as a monolithic precast unit; it utilises the standard manhole tongue and groove joint and is ready for immediate use, in combination with either a standard 90mm thick manhole chamber or the 130mm think wide wall manhole chamber ring.
The Easi-Base™ system connects with most types of pipe including Single wall uPVC, Twin wall, Concrete, Ductile Iron and Clay.
The DN1200 unit allows connection to channel diameters DN150 to DN300. FP McCann has developed a selection of adaptors to increase the range of pipe types accommodated. The type of pipe must be disclosed before placing the order so that the correct adapters and seals are fitted.
- The DN1200 Easi-Base™ is made to an internal diameter of 1200mm with a tongue and groove joint profile to match standard DN1200 manhole chamber rings.
- Wall thickness is 150mm.
- The base has a 150mm floor thickness with the outlet invert at approximately 150mm from ground level.
- A 1% fall exists across the channel toward the outlet (1:100).
- A gradient of 1:10 is present at the benching with the run-off toward the channel.
- The height of the DN1200 Easi-Base™ unit varies in accordance with the diameter of the main channel running through the unit (Please refer to the above table for heights).