Unique cable and junction protection boxes are made from reinforced concrete and can be installed in minutes. The one-piece construction design provides easy access for cable jointing and maintenance.
Communications boxes are mainly used in infrastructure works to include airports, railway projects, roads and housing developments. Cable pit chambers and other units for street lighting are also available in different sizes.
General Comms Box Features
- Reinforced concrete walls
- Integrated reinforced base*
- Base incorporating sump*
- Splayed base to aid stability*
- Preformed cable entry points
- Easily manoeuvred with lifting eyes
- Ironmongery fitted^
- Suitable for up to 30units HB loading
- Plastic encapsulated steps fitted*^
- Complementary lids are available from good builders merchants
- Bespoke duct arrangements available on request
*Comms J4 has no base, sump or steps
^Comms DP has no ironmongery or steps fitted
A major innovation, Comms J4 is a unique one-piece unit manufactured with reinforcements, overcoming the self-assembly problem that is associated with other manufactured units.
Comms MCX Additional features
- Highway construction details Comms MCX compliant
- *Complimentary reinforced concrete riser and cover slab available from FP McCann
Multi-Purpose Communication Chamber
FP McCann’s precast concrete MLSC multi-purpose communication chambers can be adapted to suit any site requirements. Their flexible design means that they can be factory fitted with duct couplers, step irons, sump units and rebated walls, as required. Multi-purpose communication chambers can be supplied to suit any loading requirements including up to F900+ for airports and similar heavy-duty applications.
- Available in a large range of sizes from 1250mm x 1250mm to 3000mm x 3000mm
- Available in heights up to 2400mm
- Riser units and cover slabs available
- Suitable for a variety of applications especially for the energy and water industries
- Heavy-duty loading
- Easy access for maintenance
If required, the chambers can be delivered with pre-fitted:
- Duct Couplers
- Recesses for beam
- Rebates for lids
- Earthing Rods
- Starter Bars
Units can be poured in any increment of 100mm from 400mm up to a maximum single unit height of 2400mm internal.
A two or more piece solution is also available if the depth required is greater than 2400mm or if there are on-site weight restrictions that need to be met.