At FP McCann we believe in working with you as a partner from the start, which means offering our expertise in designing and manufacturing rooms to suit your every individual project.
Far from being an ‘off the shelf’ solution, our structural solutions are ‘made to measure’ whilst maintaining our design philosophies and standard details.
Precast concrete crosswall construction is a fast, convenient way to produce multi-unit structures such as hotels, education, student, secure and health accommodation, private and social housing in a fraction of the time of traditionally built structures.
Why Structural Precast Solutions?
- Fair faced walls and ceilings
- Speed of construction
- Follow on trades
- Bathroom pods / rebate in floor slab to accommodate
- Safe access
- Progressive Collapse
We use precast concrete because it is the best material for the job. Apart from its obvious strength, it is also resistant to corrosion, abrasion, impact and weathering. Factory production using a high-strength mix with a low water/cement ratio followed by intensive compaction and controlled curing guarantees a dense, durable and fire-resistant product.
The benefits of precast concrete as opposed to site-cast are many:
- Factory-made products mean rational and efficient manufacturing processes, with skilled staff carrying out the work in a controlled environment with tight quality surveillance.
- Materials are accurately batched, moulds are reused and there is little if any waste.
- Shorter construction time, typically less than half of conventional in-situ concrete.
- Construction can continue in cold weather down to -20°C.
- Greater structural efficiency with longer spans and shallower construction depths – made possible by prestressing during manufacture – offering both flexibility and extended lifetime of buildings.
- Thanks to the high initial quality, fire resistance up to two hours can be achieved.
For all Structural enquiries, contact our Byley depot on 01606 843500.