FP MCCANN OFFERS A SPECIALIST RANGE OF PRECAST REINFORCED CONCRETE CABLE TROUGHS AND DUCTING SYSTEMS USED TO HOUSE AND PROTECT MOST TYPES OF SERVICES, INCLUDING POWER AND COMMUNICATION CABLES AND PIPES FOR GAS, WATER AND CHEMICALS.
Our ground level cable duct and trough systems provide protection against accidental or malicious damage and offers easy access for maintenance and repair.
Three types of flush fitting lids are supplied in either reinforced precast concrete, GRP composite or steel tray. All lids are rated in accordance with the loading groups specified in BS EN 124.
FP McCann is an Achilles Utility Vendor Database (UVDB) approved supplier, Supplier No 061598, and have opted for a Verify Category B2 audit.
- Applicable to power and telecom cables, as well as pipes for liquids and gases.
- Chemically-resistant concrete.
- Services buried at depth are unexposed to weather changes (i.e. freezing or overheating)
- High-strength load-bearing units.
- Easy access for cable repair, jointing or new cable additions.
- Whole life costing of precast concrete is lower than other forms of ducting construction.
- Non-conductive to electricity.
- FP McCann can make bespoke units to specification.
- No concrete surround required.
- Power stations
- Converter stations
- Wind farms
- Gas compressor plants
- Energy from waste plants
- Biomass plants
- Waste treatment plants
- Commercial infrastructure
The troughs and lids, are designed for the load classes ABC and D, as defined in BS EN 1433 and BS EN 124. Units to achieve load classes E and F, can be designed to order.