The catchpit effectively provides a sealed sump manhole, a monolithic precast concrete unit fitted with connector seals, which can be used to connect to the following types of pipe: uPVC, twin-wall, clay, ductile iron and concrete.
The catchpit is designed to accommodate pipe sizes DN150 and DN1200 and is in line with highway specification.
Benefits of using the Catchpit unit:
- Creates an immediate watertight structure
- Prefabricated off-site (minimising on-site labour and costs)
- Quick and efficient to install
- Accommodates connection to all types of pipe used in road and manhole construction
- Safety benefits gained in the construction of manholes as the pre-formed sump and connect seals eliminate on-site construction, thus greatly reducing labour activity within the manhole
- Quality is greatly increased as construction is within the factory environment and complies with BS EN 1917 and BS 5911
- Eliminates material wastage associated with the current in-situ method
- Yields environmental benefits such as lower carbon footprint, less concrete used on-site and less excavated material removed from the site
- Bespoke designs available