Precast concrete is the perfect material to link the practical with the desirable. The technical benefits and aesthetic possibilities appeal to both clients and designers alike.
FP McCann offers all forms of architectural precast components, whether as structural load-bearing members, built as parts of the primary frame, such as external sandwich panels or structural columns or as a decorative cladding element to the facades, like spandrels, mullions or fully storey high panels.
Precast concrete is ideal as a cladding material, especially where complex geometry on the facades have to be achieved, access is restricted, or the project programme demands fast on-site construction.
Our in-house design and the technical department provides reassurance that the structural and aesthetic requirements of your scheme are met. To achieve the best solution and to ensure the most cost-effective approach, we recommend contacting us at an early stage on your project, so that we can provide the maximum technical support.
Improve your industry knowledge by booking a free Architectural CPD seminar.
Key Advantages of Precast Concrete Architectural Solutions
- Precast concrete can be provided in a variety of colours and finishes, utilising a large choice of aggregates and pigments.
- Architectural concrete can be both structural load-bearing or non-structural such as cladding. All our architectural projects are designed and manufactured in a completely bespoke manner.
- Concrete is durable, strong and resistant to impact. It also has excellent fire-resistant and acoustic properties.
- Designed and manufactured off-site ensures consistent quality and lower construction costs.
- Units can be manufactured to suit different building structures.
- Brick, stone or tile faced units can be supplied fully pointed.