How we collect your information
We may collect and the following information about you: Personal information you give to us – this is information about you that you give to us:
- by entering information on our website;
- when visiting a depot;
- via our mobile applications;
- via social media platforms;
- when corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise;
- by entering competitions run by us;
- by taking surveys undertaken by us or on our behalf;
- when participating in promotional events; and
- when you open an account with us.
Personal information we collect about you. We may collect the following information:
- details of transactions you carry out through the websites, and your visits to our websites, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources you access or technical information including anonymous data collected by the hosting server for statistical purposes, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- any personal information which you allow to be shared as part of your public profile or third party social network;
- information you provided to us in response to a survey or competition; and
- information resulting from enquiries, quotations or sales whether by phone, email or in person in a branch.
Personal information we may receive from other sources:
- We may obtain certain personal information about you from sources outside our business such as third party companies, for example, subcontractors, credit reference agencies.
What type of personal information do we collect and process
The types of data we may hold relating to you are as follows:
- Company for whom you work;
- Email address(es);
- Telephone number(s);
- Your signature;
- Branch/Branch ID
- Job title
- Company website
- Divisions you are interested in
- Technological data (IP addresses and cookies);
- Credit rating and bank details;
- Credit limit and payment terms;
- Identification data being the information contained in a formal identification document or other unique reference relating to you, for example, CSR cards, or biometric data, photographs etc;
- Sales information relating to the sale of products or services to you;
- Technical information and/or specifications regarding projects; and
- Correspondence or other communications with you about our products, services or business.
Some of the personal information we collect about you, or which you provide to us about you, may be have special protection. Special categories of personal data include information about physical and mental health status, sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, philosophical/religious belief, trade union membership, criminal convictions/allegations and biometric data for identification purposes.
Why and how we use your personal information
Why we use your personal information
We only use your personal information where that is permitted by the laws that protect your privacy rights. The legal basis for use of your personal information includes:
- our legitimate interests for the company:
- to run, grow and develop our business;
- marketing, market research and business development;
- to provide goods and services to our customers, make and receive payment, provide customer services and to know the customer that we are providing goods and services to.
- enter into or perform a contract with you;
- supply you with any products or services, or
- where you are in discussions with us about any new product or service.
- where we are under a duty to comply with our legal obligations.
How we use your personal information
We use the information we hold on you for the following purposes:
- For account administration: including opening up an account, verifying your identity, undertaking credit related searches, invoicing, managing credit limits and payments.
- For managing and performing our contracts with you: including answering enquiries, providing quotations, dealing with plans and specifications, placing orders, delivering goods to you or your customers and dealing with any issues arising including warranty claims.
- For marketing: monitoring your transactions with us to enable us to provide you with the most relevant offers and information to you and marketing to you unless you’ve told us not to.
Types of Processing:
- processing your account application, managing changes to your personal deliveries, and responding to queries from you;
- processing data you give us about your customers for the purposes for which you provide us with that data and as a record of any sale and delivery;
- placing orders;
- making deliveries to you and your customers;
- Send price increase information in relation to our specific product groups;
- managing payments and monitoring your account activity;
- for market research in order to continually improve the products and/or services we deliver to you;
- to verify the accuracy of data we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
- to correspond or communicate with you and to identify you when you contact us;
- to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- assess and improve our service to customers through recordings of any calls with our contact centres;
- management of queries, complaints, or claims;
- when you enter an online competition or promotional feature, to administer the competition or promotion and notify winners;
- to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or to prevent illegal activity;
- contacting you with marketing information about our goods and services, projects and case studies.
Disclosure of your personal information
We will share your personal information internally where it is in our legitimate interests to do so. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to provide you with offers from each of our product ranges, where they are relevant to you or your business. If you ask us not to contact you in future, we will take this as an instruction not to do so and will amend our records accordingly. We may also share your personal information to third parties including:
- our suppliers, service providers and subcontractors, such as credit reference agencies, payment processors, suppliers of technical and support services, insurers, logistics providers, manufacturers, debt collectors, our legal and other professional advisors, including auditors;
- companies assisting us in our marketing, advertising and promotional activities;
- third party payment processors in relation to credit/debit card payments and online banking;
- fraud prevention agencies if false or inaccurate information is provided to us as part of your use of our services or otherwise, and fraud is identified or suspected;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation, to detect or report a crime, to enforce or apply the terms of our contracts or to protect the rights, property or safety of our visitors and customers; and
- when we restructure or sell our business or its assets or have a merger or re-organisation.
How long do we keep your information?
We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed. The length of time we retain personal information will depend on the purposes for which we collect and use it, or as required to comply with applicable laws, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary. We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. If you would like further information in relation to these rights, or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us by email at email@example.com at any time. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information. We will respond to your requests in accordance with our obligations under data protection law.
- Object: You can object to our processing of your personal information. Please contact us as noted below, providing details of your objection.
- Access: You can request access to a copy of your personal information that we hold, along with information on what personal information we use, why we use it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and whether it has been used for any automated decision making. You can make a request for access free of charge by contacting us as noted below.
- Withdraw consent: If you have given us your consent to use your personal information to send you marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent at any time or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email which you receive.
- Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held about you.
- Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it.
- Data portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred.
- Restrict processing: You can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it.
Security and Confidentiality