Brit Oval Cricket Ground, London
Work Type: Terracing
The £23 million project in Kennington, South London for Surrey County Cricket Club involved the demolition of the existing stands at the Vauxhall End and replacement with a Stand over 4 levels and a main curved roof, including open air terraces and a living screen running around the façade of the Stand, resulting in an increase in ground capacity at the Oval from 18,500 to 23,000. The redevelopment of the Oval Cricket Ground was completed on budget and on time. FP MCCann were selected as manufacturer for the additional 4,500 seating terrace.
FP McCann's Solution
Designed for safe and swift erection, FP McCann's terracing units provide a versatile economic solution for varying viewing standards, imposed loading and seating arrangements. Our First terracing project was a stand at Villa Park for Aston Villa Football Club, since then the company has provided units for numerous other sporting disciplines. All of FP McCann's terracing units are Quality Assured to ISO9001 and some benefits include;
- Provides clear spans of up to 8 metres
- Standard moulds can provide tread widths of up to 960mm, Risers up to 600mm
- Achieves a natural frequency in accordance with the recommendations of “the Guide To Safety At Sports Grounds” The Green Book
- Provides up to one hour fire resistance
- Designed to carry a superimposed load of up to 5kN/m²
- Provides a range of falls across the tread, from 0mm to 20mm
- Manufactured in our quality assured factory in accordance with BS EN ISO9001
Today we are recognised as a market leader in the design and manufacture of precast terracing for stadia, cinemas and conference venues. It goes without saying that if you require a trusted partner with extensive experience, recognised for on-time delivery and unrivalled quality then you can rely on FP McCann as the obvious choice to deliver a first class product.