The basic concept of harvesting rainwater is simple – rainwater is mostly collected from the roofs of buildings. It flows through gutters and downspouts and is then filtered and collected by a storage tank. From the tank, it can be recirculated or treated to produce a better quality of recycled water.
The Rainwater Harvesting Chamber is part of FP McCann’s environmental range of wastewater management products.
Rainwater Harvesting Chamber Advantages and Environmental Benefits:
- Cost-effective re-use of a natural resource
- Conservation of mains water supplies
- Complies with SuDS directives
- Unobstructive (buried underground)
- Speedy installation – no ready mixed concrete backfill required
- Low maintenance
- 120-year design life on a concrete tank
The filtered rainwater is very soft and chlorine-free, making it particularly suitable for fabric washing and other uses such as toilet flushing, external cleaning and irrigation. Our rainwater harvesting chambers are available in 5 different capacities:
- Irrigation Only – 1200 litres & 1500 litres
- Small/Medium Domestic & Irrigation – 3000 litres & 5000 litres
- Large Domestic/Small Commercial & Irrigation – 7000 litres