The project was carried out within a live port and continuous liaison with Port management was essential to ensure works and/or delivery vehicles did not hinder the working operations of the port.
The works involved;
- Excavation for 2no. conveyor tunnels, an inlet pit and an outlet pit
- Tying reinforcement, setting up of formwork and pouring concrete for tunnel bases and walls , along with pit bases and walls
- Tying reinforcement, setting formwork and pouring of 2nr 21m diameter silo bases
- Installing aeration ducts within main silo bases
- Installing of power duct track across port yard
- Excavation, tying reinforcement, setting formwork and pouring of 12nr building pad foundations
- Excavation, tying reinforcement, setting formwork and pouring of intake ramp
- Setting of holding down bolts for silo bin posts within main silo bases
- All associated concrete reinstatement works
Overall on the project, approximately 150 tonne of steel reinforcement was used and 1000m³ of concrete has been poured, which was supplied from our own Cootes Quarry in Armagh. There were a number of large pours with the largest at any one time being 230m³ and the supply was well-organised.