Title: Dromore Town Centre Public Realm
Location: The public realm scheme will provide high quality improvement within the Dromore Town Centre Conservation Area which includes Market Square, Bridge Street and Church Street.
The project is for the provision of environmental improvement works and will include:
- excavation and disposal of existing footpath and road surface,
- paving and kerbing using natural stone products,
- new footpath alignments,
- provision and installation of street furniture & tree planting,
- road surfacing, parking & line marking,
- new street, catenary and festive lighting
- works to existing services (including lighting)
- new drainage to connect to existing street drainage / sewers
- signage, wayfinding and interpretation.
The aim of the Dromore Town Centre Public Realm Scheme is to enhance the streetscape, improving accessibility and offer high quality design, using natural materials with bespoke details to reflect the town’s unique history and Conservation Area designation.
Speaking of the exciting development, Lord Mayor, Councillor Mealla Campbell said, “I am delighted to see the ambitious plans for Dromore Town Centre become a reality. This scheme will undoubtedly improve the quality and physical appearance of the urban centre plus enhance connectivity, accessibility and movement for all users contributing to the progression of the town. Importantly this regeneration of the town centre achieves the Dromore Masterplan themes of ‘creating active streets’ and ‘reconnecting local communities’ whilst building on the rich heritage base and assets of the town paying careful attention to its Conservation Area status.”
Ahead of the commencement of the project, FP McCann will be hosting a ‘Meet the Contractor’ Event on Wednesday 26 February 2020 in Dromore Town Hall which will consist of a Public Drop-In Session from 12 Noon – 2.00pm, and a Public Presentation at 5.30pm.
We particularly welcome interest from local sub-contractors and suppliers. Please contact FP McCann on 028 7964 2558.