Project: Blackhead Coastal Path
Location: Blackhead Path lies directly north of Whitehead, Co. Antrim
Client: Mid & East Antrim Borough Council
Blackhead Path is used by the local communities of Whitehead, Carrickfergus, Larne and Belfast, in addition to tourists visiting these areas. Coastal erosion and slope movements have caused damage to the existing Blackhead Path and the retaining structures located at the toe of the slope. In addition, rock falls have damaged handrailing and the path network around the cliff.
Works to make the path safe for public access will include:
- Concrete promenade repair
- Gravel path repair
- Widening paths and resurfacing
- Installation of erosion protection
- Rock scaling
- Installation of rock armour and gabion baskets
- Drainage system repair and new installations
- Repair to existing footbridges
- Installation of hand railing and repair of sections of existing
Pictured are Paul McAleese AECOM, Russell Eddis FP McCann and Philip Thompson MEABC.
We particularly welcome interest from local sub-contractors and suppliers. Please contact FP McCann on 028 7964 2558.