FP McCann Catchpit Installation
Catchpits effectively provide a sealed sump manhole. A monolithic precast concrete unit fitted with connector seals which can be used to connect to the following types of pipe: uPVC, twinwall, clay, ductile iron and concrete. FP McCann’s Catchpits are designed to accommodate pipe sizes DN150 to DN450 and comply fully with highway specification.
Manufactured in a straight through orientation (180 degrees) up to DN375. 4-way units with orientations at 90 degrees can be produced up to DN300 only; beyond DN300 4-way orientations are not available. DN500 inlets must be cored onsite. Straight through standard DN1050 weigh approx 1.4 tonnes. Standard units will have an invert level of 300mm for inlet and outlet pipes. If a non standard invert level is required, please specify when ordering.
The innovative EPDM 40 flexible rubber seal at the connection points can accommodate pipe sizes DN150 to DN 300, including DN225. This negates the need to saw cut openings in the concrete wall and the use of wet mortar trades to seal the pipe surround.
Benefits of using the DN1050 Catchpit unit
- Creates an immediate watertight structure
- Cost benefits with a reduction in construction time and labour requirements
- Accommodate connection to all types of pipe used in road and manhole construction
- Health & Safety benefits gained in the construction of manholes as the pre-formed sump and connector seals eliminate on site construction, thus greatly reducing labour activity within the manhole
- Improved quality as manufactured offsite
- Eliminates material wastage associated with current in-situ method using wet trades
- Yields environmental benefits with less concrete used on site and a reduction in excavated material removed from site
- Increased confidence to meet industry standards
Standard unit will have an invert level of 300mm for inlet and outlet pipes. If a non-standard invert level is required, please specify when ordering.